Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our Backyard

The river is snow covered and serene as the sun set on the last day of 2007. I ran into the house and grabbed the camera when I drove into our driveway to take these shots and also to enjoy the magnificent view from the side and back of our house.
It was actually quite mild and if the sun hadn't disappeared I would have take some shots of the river an hour later. This was when all the mist came swirling up from the frozen river as the air chilled for the evening. I was breathtaking to look at.
The most frustrating part of our new home is the fact that only our bedrooms face these views. The window in the kitchen also looks over the back of the house so when I'm washing dishes and making dinner I do have a nice view. What I really want is to turn this house around so the big picture window is looking over the countryside and river rather than the road and Black River Cheese Factory!! It's probably going to take a few years but we'll figure out a way so that we can sit in a comfy chair and watch the wildlife.

No comments: